Rules for peer-reviewing procedure
1. Manuscripts received by the Editor team, are accepted and sent by the Executive secretary for peer-reviewing procedure within 5 working days only while the manuscripts meeting the Rules for authors.
2. Review of a manuscript is to be performed confidentially by the member of the Editorial Board of the Journal who is known to be expert in the field of appropriate scientific research.
3. Reviewers are unaware of the identity of the authors, and authors are also unaware of the identity of reviewers. There are at least three or more reviewers for the total number of articles in each issue (Double-blind peer review).
4. In case of a negative review a manuscript is sent for additional independent external reviewing to the leading experts in the field of scientific research related to the topic of the submitted manuscript.
5. In some cases, for a more detailed and in-depth assessment the manuscript is sent to the independent external reviewers considered as leading experts in related disciplines.
6. The time for preparation of the review is 15-30 working days from the time of submitting the manuscript.
7. The tasks for the peer-reviewer include:
а) the qualified analysis of the manuscript, argued assessment accordingly to next criteria: the correspondence of the manuscript topic to the profile of the Bulletin, actuality of the theme, scientific and methodological level of the performed study, the reliability of statistical processing of the material, novelty of the conceptual issues and conclusions, practical significance.
b) bring out in the review the clear opinion concerning the advisability of publication of the manuscript ( in full or concise form), necessity of its reworking or rejection.
c) in the case of the recommendation for the shortening or refinement of the manuscript it must be specified what sections should be subject to the shortening or refinement .
d) submit to the Editorial board the signed review. It is allowed to send the review as a scanned version in “pdf” format.
8. Authors of the manuscript have an opportunity to have a look at the text of the review.
9. The right of final decision on whether to reject, refine or publish a manuscript remains with the Editorial Board.
10. The Editorial team assumes no liability in terms of the timing of publication of submitted manuscripts.
11. In case of necessity of reworking of the manuscript, the author refines the manuscript with the description of alterations and/or objections and re-submit it to the Editorial team.
12. After the reworking of the manuscript the Executive secretary sends the manuscript for repeat peer-reviewing procedure, which must be performed within 20-30 working days. In this case the date of submission is considered the date of the date of the return of the refined material
13. The decision of the expediency of the publication of the manuscript after re-reviewing, as well as in the case of different opinions of reviewers, is adopted by the Editor-in –Chief or via open voting by the simple majority of votes of members of the Editorial board of the Journal.
14. Reviewers are notified by the Executive secretary about that the manuscript is the private property of the authors and considered to be confidential. Reviewers are not permitted to copy manuscripts for personal needs. Breach of confidentiality is possible only in case of claiming uncertainty or falsification of materials.
15. The materials are stored in the editorial team. Shelf life of manuscripts and reviews - Five years from the date of publication.
16. The editorial office sends copies of reviews to the Ministry of education and science of the Russian Federation for admission to the editors of the relevant request.
Requirements for the published papers and their layout
1. General provisions
1.1. According to the requirements of the “On mass media” Law of the Russian Federation the journal must not be used for: commitment of acts, which are punishable under criminal law; divulgation of information that is classified as a State secret or any other secret, which is specially protected by law; making calls for seizing power, forcibly overthrowing constitutional order and changing state integrity; incitement of ethnic, class, social, religious intolerance or dissension; propaganda of war, pornography, cult of violence and cruelty.
1.2. Materials with advertising and erotic contents cannot be published and placed in the journal.
1.3. Only original papers, which were not published previously in other media, are considered eligible for journal publication.
1.4. As a rule, the amount of text in the published papers should not exceed 24 pages.
1.5. The papers, which are published in the journal, should consist of the following elements arranged in a sequential order:
Russian language text block:
English language text block:
2. Layout of materials of the paper
2.1. The materials of the paper should be prepared by using Microsoft Office Word text editor. Times New Roman font should be used with 14 pt font size.
2.2. The layout formatting of the text of the paper should be in accordance with the following parameters:
А4 paper size (210 mm х 297 mm).
20 mm top; 20 mm bottom ; 20 mm left; 20 mm right; 1,5 line spacing; 1,25 cm indent of the first paragraph line; justified alignment of the text.
Section headers should be typed in bold and formatted by aligning with the center of the page.
2.3. The text of the paper should be adduced in Russian. Foreign authors are permitted to submit their papers in English.
Additional line spaces should separate each element of the paper from the adjacent ones.
The manuscript of the paper, which is submitted by the authors, should not contain any tabulation or manual hyphenation. Excessive spaces should also not be inserted.
2.4. Layout of the elements of the paper should be formatted according to the following requirements:
2.4.1. Identifier of Universal Decimal Classification (UDC).
The text should be in alignment with the left page border.
2.4.2. Title of the paper.
The length of the title should not exceed two lines.
The title of the paper should not contain abbreviations and acronyms.
The text should be typed in bold with 16 pt. font size. The text should be in alignment with the page center.
2.4.3. Last names and initials of the authors.
The text should be in alignment with the page center.
2.4.4. Information about the authors.
The information about the authors of the paper should include the details of every author. These details should be adduced in concordance with the order, in which the authors are listed according to paragraph 2.4.3 of the present Requirements. Details of each author should include the following:
full last name, first name and patronymic;
name and legal address of the organization, in which the author works;
academic title (if different from the job title);
academic status in the State Academy of Sciences (academician, corresponding member, if available);
contact details of the authors (e-mail, phone number).
The amount of text in the annotation should be equal to 5-6 sentences. The annotation should contain a brief summary of the paper subject and main results that the paper contains.
2.4.6. Keywords (not more than 10).
Keywords should be adduced in lowercase letters and separated by commas. Total length of the keywords should not exceed 100 characters.
2.4.7. Text of the paper.
Authors of the papers should adhere to the following structure of the paper:
the brief summary of the state-of-the-art of the considered issue and statement of the problem, which is solved in the paper;
the method of problem solution and assumptions that were made;
the main contents of the paper (these contents can include, for example, the description of the physics of the processes and phenomena, validation of the postulates that were presented in the paper, initial and final mathematical expressions, mathematical manipulations and transformations, experiments and calculations, examples, illustrations);
the analysis (discussion) of the obtained results and their comparison with the previously known results;
conclusions and recommendations.
If there is a need to adduce the information about the source of financial support of the work (out of the funds of the federal budget within the framework of a contract with the state authorities, the RFBR or RHSF project, grant of another organization etc.), these details can be placed after the conclusions and recommendations.
It is necessary to explain the conventional denotations and abbreviations, which can be encountered in the paper, upon their first appearance in the text.
The paper should use the units of measurement of physical quantities, which are included into the International System of Units (SI). These units should be denoted by characters of Cyrillic alphabet (in Russian language). The paper can also employ the units, which are allowed for usage along with SI units, as well as multiple and fractional units.
All formulae should be fully typed in MathType 4 equation editor. The equations are formatted by aligning with the page center. Formulae item numbers should be placed on the right side.
The tables should be placed within the workspace limits (the tables should not fall into the page margin fields). When part of the table is transferred to another page its header line should be transferred as well. Table caption should be aligned with the page center. Item number of the table should be aligned with the right border of the page.
The figures should be placed directly in the text of the paper based on the presentation logics. All figures should be accompanied by captions. Both black-and-white and color figures can be used in the paper.
The scanned images, which are used in the text of the paper, should have the resolution of no less than 300 dots per inch.
Sequence numbers of all pages of the text of the paper should be placed at the bottom of the page and aligned with the page center.
2.4.8. List of bibliographic references for the paper.
The text and numbers of the pages, which contain the list of bibliographic references for the paper, should be an uninterrupted continuation of the text and page numbering of the paper text pages.
The list of bibliographic references for the paper should be composed according to the requirements of GOST R 7.0.5-2008 and consist of bibliographic references for the paper.
The item number of the paper bibliographic reference should be enclosed in square brackets when it is mentioned in the appropriate line of the text of the paper.
The sources of the paper bibliographic references list should be arranged according to the order, in which they are mentioned in the text of the paper.
Paper bibliographic references should include the following information:
for a book: the last names and initials of all authors of the book; full title of the book; name of the publishing house and name of the city, in which it is situated; publication year; number of pages of the book;
for the papers: last names and initials of all authors of the paper; full title of the paper; name of the journal, newspaper or collection of works, in which the paper was published; publication year, publishing time identifier (for a newspaper – the issue number or publishing date, for a journal – the year, the volume or issue number, the series), numbers of pages, which are occupied by the paper (start and end page numbers);
for the standards: the name of the standard, the number of the standard, the place and year of publication, the number of pages;
for the patent documents: the name of the invention; the patent number; the country, number and date of filing the application for the invention, the date of patent publication; the number of bulletin of inventions, the pages;
for the deposited scientific works: last names and initials of all authors of the scientific work; full title of the scientific work; the name of the depositing information center; the number and date of depositing; the number of pages of the work;
for the theses: last name and initials of the author of the thesis, full title of the thesis; for the pursuance of which academic degree the thesis was presented; the place and year of the defense of the thesis; the number of pages of the thesis;
for the remotely-accessed electronic resources: last names and initials of all authors of the source, full title of the material, URL electronic address, the protocol of access to the network resource, the date of publication or creation, the date of access to the electronic resource (if it is not possible to determine the date of publication or creation).
It is necessary to adduce the titles of the books, papers, other materials and documents, which were published in a foreign language, as well as last names of their authors by using their original transcriptions.
The materials, which were not published, or materials that are not available for public access should not be included into the list of the bibliographic references for the paper.
Maximum length of a bibliographic reference should not exceed 500 symbols.
The abstract contents should comply with the “Abstract preparation guidelines”.
The amount of text in the Russian version of the Abstract should be sufficient to provide the English version of the abstract with the amount of text of no less than 250 words.
Order of submitting materials of the paper for publication
1. The following materials should be submitted to the Executive Editor-in-Chief of the journal Editorial Board (via mail or in person):
1.1. The materials of the paper that is proposed for publication in the journal. These materials should be submitted bu email.
Reference information: The English versions of the Abstracts, which are published in Russian-language journals, are the main and only source of information for the foreign scientists and global databases that contain abstract and analytical information about scientific research (Web of Science, Scopus etc.). Thus English Abstract acts as a source of information, which presents the contents and results of the research independently from the published paper.
1.2. The Roman- (Latin-) alphabet version of the bibliographic references list for the paper («References»), which was composed according to the “Guidelines for preparation of the Roman- (Latin-) alphabet version of the bibliographic references list for the paper” that are posted on the web-site of the journal publisher.
General warning concerning paragraph 1.2: The special English terminology, which is appropriate for the described scientific and engineering field, should be used in the English version of the materials of the paper.
The journal Editorial Board will not consider English versions of the materials of the paper, which were created by using automatic translation software tools. The journal Editorial Board will return such materials to the authors of the paper so that they would provide a translation of sufficient quality.
1.3. The files, which contain the abovementioned materials, should be presented on electronic media in Microsoft Office Word file format with .doc file extension.
1.4. Each figure should be submitted as a jpg file extension. The number of submitted files with the figures should correspond to the number of pictures in the text of the paper.
1.5. One copy of the notice of decision, which the specialist commission makes concerning the possibility of publication of the paper in the public media (for Russian authors). The layout of the decision notice should be in accordance with the prescribed form.
2. External review (reviews) can be submitted to the Executive Editor-in-Chief of the journal Editorial Board, if its (their) structure meets the requirements that are set for the journal. Availability of external review (reviews) does not mean that the paper manuscript would not be submitted for additional reviewing by the journal Editorial Board.